Thread poster: Linden Tree LS
Linden Tree LS
Linden Tree LS
Japan
Local time: 09:26
English to Japanese
+ ...
Jun 25, 2004

I am in search of good way to manage my daily business information such as "agency/client list," "work list," "invoices," and etc which are currently scattered all over my PC folders.

I am thinking of using Access 2000 to do this job but all the template from Microsoft official page does not quite suit my need as translator. I'm not so database savvy so I'd like to avoid making database from scratch.

Does anyone know if good database template for freelance translator e
... See more
I am in search of good way to manage my daily business information such as "agency/client list," "work list," "invoices," and etc which are currently scattered all over my PC folders.

I am thinking of using Access 2000 to do this job but all the template from Microsoft official page does not quite suit my need as translator. I'm not so database savvy so I'd like to avoid making database from scratch.

Does anyone know if good database template for freelance translator exist on the web? Could you enlighten me on how to manage basic business information without spending too much time?
Collapse

Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
TO 3000 Jun 25, 2004

Hello mieuxy,

I used an assortment of Excel files for a while, but recently acquired Translation Office 3000 and I have been quite pleased with it. I still have not had time to figure out all its functions, but it is known for a very responsive customer service. I believe you can download a test version for 15 days.

You should find plenty of information on management systems if you do a search in these forums.

Cheers,

Susana Galilea
Accre
... See more
Hello mieuxy,

I used an assortment of Excel files for a while, but recently acquired Translation Office 3000 and I have been quite pleased with it. I still have not had time to figure out all its functions, but it is known for a very responsive customer service. I believe you can download a test version for 15 days.

You should find plenty of information on management systems if you do a search in these forums.

Cheers,

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator EUTI
[email protected]
www.accentonspanish.com

[Edited at 2004-06-25 19:55]
Collapse

Linden Tree LS
Linden Tree LS
Japan
Local time: 09:26
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Translation Office 3000 Jun 25, 2004

Thanks Susana !

This software was the first thing came up when I google searched for office solutions specific to the translator. I'm glad to know that Proz.com member is happy about it. Going with software package may be the least time consuming way....

I wonder if there is any other bright idea for solo operation on sorting out piled up information.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Database template for brand new freelancer

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »