Thread poster: Ana Gómez
Ana Gómez
Ana Gómez
Local time: 03:40
Catalan to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 13, 2004

Hi all,
I have just finished my university studies and am very interested in getting started as a translator. I have been surfing this site for a few days now, and I have already posted my CV, some translation samples, etc. However, I'm still a bit lost on how PayPal works -and therefore reluctant to giving it a try...

I guess my questions are, how does PayPal exactly work? Is it safe? Do you all use it? Are there other ways to get paid?

Thank you!

Jeremy Smith
Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:40
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Moneybookers Jul 13, 2004

I've heard a lot of bad things about Paypal. I have a Paypal account, but I haven't used it to receive money, just send money once.

I can recommend www.moneybookers.com, though. Very cheap, European-based, and the whole site is available in Spanish, which might be useful for you.

Ana Gómez
Ana Gómez
Local time: 03:40
Catalan to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 13, 2004

Thank you, Jeremy. I think I'll have a look there.

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:40
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Moneybookers Jul 14, 2004

This shouldn't be an issue for you being in Spain but Paypal does not operate in all countries. I'm in Iran and Paypal pages do not even load here (They detect IP addresses and pages would not load in some countries) and I could not possibly use it.

Moneybookers is quite a fine solution, it's cheap and works like a charm.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal, how does it work?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »