Thread poster: Ana Myriam Garro (X)
Ana Myriam Garro (X)
Ana Myriam Garro (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 12, 2012

Hello, dear colleagues,

I am considering the possibility of migrating from my country, Argentina, to Chile and I would like to ask you how is the current status of the translation market in Chile. I have already contacted the “Colegio de Traductores e Intérpretes de Chile” and I have sent all the documentation required, but I assume that there are other steps to be able to work in Chile and I would appreciate it if you can give me an idea of what I’d have to do and also an es
... See more
Hello, dear colleagues,

I am considering the possibility of migrating from my country, Argentina, to Chile and I would like to ask you how is the current status of the translation market in Chile. I have already contacted the “Colegio de Traductores e Intérpretes de Chile” and I have sent all the documentation required, but I assume that there are other steps to be able to work in Chile and I would appreciate it if you can give me an idea of what I’d have to do and also an estimate of the average amount of money (stated in dollars, if it is not too much to ask) that I would need to rent a studio flat (monoambiente), pay taxes and services and support myself (in general terms). I am not sure of the City that I would choose, but it may likely be Valparaíso because I have a friend there, and at least I wouldn't feel so lonely in a different country, but I would also like to know whether or not it is more convenient to live in Santiago.

All comments will be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance. Kind regards, Myriam
Collapse

Ana Myriam Garro (X)
Ana Myriam Garro (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 13, 2012

I want to thank all the Chilean colleagues who contacted by mail me and gave me very useful information. I really appreciate your kindness and I want to express my gratitude to all of you. Kind regards, Myriam

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I would like to know the opinion of Chilean translators

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »