Elena Tsompanidou
Elena Tsompanidou
Greece
Local time: 15:45
English to Greek
+ ...
Dec 25, 2012

Buna!

I'm interested in collaborating with a translation agency in Romania. In order to work with them I have to issue invoices. And to do that I have to declare that I start working as a translator, so that they give me a receipt block and at the end of the year declare my income based on the receipts issued. However, in Greece the tax office for free businesses is kind of expensive and I was hoping to find a way to delay that, since I don't have a fixed income yet - I will graduat
... See more
Buna!

I'm interested in collaborating with a translation agency in Romania. In order to work with them I have to issue invoices. And to do that I have to declare that I start working as a translator, so that they give me a receipt block and at the end of the year declare my income based on the receipts issued. However, in Greece the tax office for free businesses is kind of expensive and I was hoping to find a way to delay that, since I don't have a fixed income yet - I will graduate in June and I am now starting. What should I do to work in Romania?

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
ProZ Dec 26, 2012

Have you ever considered working through ProZ in Romania?

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Getting started with ProZ.com Dec 26, 2012

Hello elena_t,

As Atil mentions, I suggest you start by taking the necessary steps to attract potential clients in Romania through ProZ.com.

The first thing you should know is that the main channel to attract clients' attention at ProZ.com is the directory of freelancers. With this in mind, there are a few easy things you can do to make sure Romanian (and other) clients searching the
... See more
Hello elena_t,

As Atil mentions, I suggest you start by taking the necessary steps to attract potential clients in Romania through ProZ.com.

The first thing you should know is that the main channel to attract clients' attention at ProZ.com is the directory of freelancers. With this in mind, there are a few easy things you can do to make sure Romanian (and other) clients searching the directory for language professionals see you, and that once they see you, that they remain interested, even when you are just getting started. These few things are what, at ProZ.com, are called winning strategies. ProZ.com winning strategies include:

1. Membership, as members are ranked ahead of non-members in the directory of freelancers and interpreters, http://www.proz.com/translator-directory/ , and are then more visible in searches. Visit this page to check your current directory ranking.

2. Specialization. Let potential clients know what your fields of expertise are by listing fields in your profile in order --your specialty fields must be ordered accordingly, earning KudoZ points in those fields and in your top language pair, providing details in your "About me", etc. More tips on how to show your specialization are available here.

3. A good profile, as your profile serves as your business card and directory listing, and it is the first impression of you that colleagues and potential clients will have when they find you at ProZ.com and when running web searches.

4. KudoZ PRO points in your language pairs and fields of expertise, as this is how directory search results are ranked among the first group (members) and the second group (non-members). A few minutes of effort, a few times a month, may be all that is needed to boost your position in the freelancer directory.

5. PRO status, as becoming a certified PRO will allow you to network and collaborate in an environment consisting entirely of screened professionals, including companies seeking the services of certified PROs only. (it is extremely important though that all previous strategies are put into use, and that all required information is gathered, before applying for inclusion into the Certified PRO Network).

ProZ.com also offers a free webinar on "Meeting clients at ProZ.com" a couple of times a month:

http://www.proz.com/guidance-center/additional-resources/#webinars

Or, if you are short of time to attend a webinar, simply watch this short video:

http://www.proz.com/videos/tutorials%20on%20proz.com/607

The "Getting started with ProZ.com" section will also provide you with some useful information:

http://www.proz.com/pages/getting_started

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Lucía
Collapse

Elena Tsompanidou
Elena Tsompanidou
Greece
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
besides ProZ Dec 27, 2012

I have actually found an agency, but I do not know anything about the financial and social security procedures in Romania.
Regarding ProZ I will definitely become a member, since it is the best, and easiest, way to attract possible clients.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting started as a translator in Romania - help needed

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »