Thread poster: Rossen Roussev
Rossen Roussev
Rossen Roussev  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:48
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Apr 30, 2002

I\'m still a neophyte here and I don\'t know the purpose and use of these kudo\'s points. Can anyone tell me what it is all about, please. Thanks in advance

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 14:48
German to English
+ ...
How to May 1, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-04-30 17:36, waterman wrote:

I\'m still a neophyte here and I don\'t know the purpose and use of these kudo\'s points. Can anyone tell me what it is all about, please. Thanks in advance

Welcome!

The purpose of these points is to move you higher up in the ranking (e.g., when someone searches for a translator in your language pair and gets to see a whole list ... See more
Quote:

On 2002-04-30 17:36, waterman wrote:

Welcome!

The purpose of these points is to move you higher up in the ranking (e.g., when someone searches for a translator in your language pair and gets to see a whole list of ProZ members, your name will move higher up, the more points you have; the same goes for bids you place on jobs: your bid will be shown first, followed by those of other members with fewer points, thus, perhaps, giving you an advantage with the client).

Disregarding the points now, KudoZ is a service where translators can help each other out (difficult technical terms, etc.). This way, you can pool the resources of 10, 100, 1,000 other translators working in your language pair.

KudoZ is a give-and-take system: you are \"expected\" to contribute (i.e., by answering other colleagues\' questions or by entering grades/comments for other people\'s answers). ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudo\'s points?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »