Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
best way to introduce myself to a job poster?
Thread poster: André Ball
André Ball
André Ball
Canada
Local time: 09:20
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 1, 2016

Thank you everybody for your valuable advice.
As a newbie here, I will strive to improve my profile but feel that it will be challenging to compete with colleagues with a wealth of experience. I feel that I can do a good job, I just need to prove it I guess.

Armorel Young
Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:20
German to English
Congratulations ... Mar 1, 2016

... on using your real name now (at least, I assume it's your real name). That's a really good start in enabling people to see that they are dealing with a real person. Good luck with your career.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Well, lack of experience must be surmountable Mar 1, 2016

André Ball wrote:
As a newbie here, I will strive to improve my profile but feel that it will be challenging to compete with colleagues with a wealth of experience.

We all started out with zero experience, of course. Congratulations on coming back and showing that you can learn from your mistakes, and can present yourself correctly.

I feel that I can do a good job, I just need to prove it I guess.

Samples are a good way of doing that. Is there something that you've translated in the past that your former employers would give permission for you to upload to your profile? Or maybe translate the official website of a charity or association that you can relate to - again with their authorisation? Whatever it is, you should remove any identifying words or phrases (replace names with XXXXX, for example).

Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to German
That's how I felt! Mar 1, 2016

When I first looked at the profiles on this site I thought and considered whether to go for membership I thought, why on earth should anybody choose me over this wealth of skill and experience here. For the first 6 month I wasn't sure whether it was worth it but now I must say that the majority of my clients came from Proz.

André Ball
André Ball
Canada
Local time: 09:20
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Rate per hour for transcribed recorded audio? Mar 10, 2016

I got some interest. What is the going rate in terms of per hour for transcribing
recorded audio?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

best way to introduce myself to a job poster?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »