Errors & Omissions Insurance
Thread poster: stevo
stevo
stevo  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 23, 2002

I\'m curious as to what other freelancers have done in this area to protect themselves and what other interesting experiences they have had with having it (or not!!)

Thanks

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Has any translator ever been sued? Aug 25, 2002

When you deliver a job to a client, it\'s out of your hands. Anyone could change it later on. It would be rather difficult to prove who was responsible for any inaccuracy, but I would suggest that the liability would fall upon the final client who actually used and/or \"published\" the material since they would be finally responsible for verifying it.

Of course, knowing the voracity of lawyers I would not doubt that someone might try it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Errors & Omissions Insurance

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »