Thread poster: achisholm
achisholm
achisholm
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:05
Italian to English
+ ...
Dec 2, 2002

Can someone give me an idea of what should be charged for interpreting rates (in Italy and occasionally abroad) and what is included and not included. The things I\'m thinking about are, travel, accomodation, any extras for overnight stopovers. Also, in the case with overnight stopovers, how is the billing time divided between working time and \"extra time\" - i.e. travel, sleeping, eating etc. and these two activity groups charged at the same or different rates. Any comments, advice etc. on thi... See more
Can someone give me an idea of what should be charged for interpreting rates (in Italy and occasionally abroad) and what is included and not included. The things I\'m thinking about are, travel, accomodation, any extras for overnight stopovers. Also, in the case with overnight stopovers, how is the billing time divided between working time and \"extra time\" - i.e. travel, sleeping, eating etc. and these two activity groups charged at the same or different rates. Any comments, advice etc. on this is very welcome.

many thanks

Sandy
Collapse

Lilian Vardanyan
Lilian Vardanyan
Greece
Local time: 19:05
Greek to English
+ ...
From Greece. Dec 2, 2002

In Greece, the highest price is 300 Euros per day, including the full board costs (accomodation, tickets, dinners etc.), independently of the working time.

achisholm
achisholm
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:05
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
So does that mean Dec 2, 2002

that you charge Euro 300 pèr day, and then charge for the interpreting on top. Do you not break down the working time from the non working time?

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ciao.... Dec 3, 2002

Hello,

Let me start by asking: Are you an interpreter? If not, are you planning to become one?

The Italian Association may give you an idea about the official rates.

My partners in IT usually charge +350 Euro min./day non-inclusive of travel and accomodation. Those two items are borne by the client. If you want, you may negotiate about food expenses: either a per diem or they (clie
... See more
Hello,

Let me start by asking: Are you an interpreter? If not, are you planning to become one?

The Italian Association may give you an idea about the official rates.

My partners in IT usually charge +350 Euro min./day non-inclusive of travel and accomodation. Those two items are borne by the client. If you want, you may negotiate about food expenses: either a per diem or they (client) arrange for dinner and breakfast at the hotel and provide lunch at the venue.

Remember that if the event starts in the morning, you will have to arrive the day before.

Take care,

JL
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 00:05
English to Thai
+ ...
Bad payment, Prolink HK Dec 3, 2002

Pleas ebe awared that not only pay rate but surety to pay is critical. Prolink in HK promised me strongly and eagerly to pay $300 for 1.5 days. In fact, they just conneclt information and did direct contract wil all interpretators i showed them. What an uglay transaction in Internet.

benedict in Italy also join the suite.

Dr. Soonthon L. (Bangkok, proz/pro/2724
[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting rates.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »