Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
If you had to teach someone to use Trados, how long would it take?
Thread poster: Louise Dupont (X)
Gustavo Alonso
Gustavo Alonso
Uruguay
Local time: 19:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Just read the First Steps Guide Jun 19, 2003

Being experienced as a software developer and user, I know that software manuals tend to be too long and take too much time to read when you want to learn something from scratch. It is much better if someone you know teaches you the basics or you can attend a basic training (I wouldn't invest much in training though).
It took me one day to start working with Trados in *Word* using the "First Steps" guide that you can download from the Trados Website. It is a very good idea, because it's n
... See more
Being experienced as a software developer and user, I know that software manuals tend to be too long and take too much time to read when you want to learn something from scratch. It is much better if someone you know teaches you the basics or you can attend a basic training (I wouldn't invest much in training though).
It took me one day to start working with Trados in *Word* using the "First Steps" guide that you can download from the Trados Website. It is a very good idea, because it's not a 200 page manual, just a few pages telling you the basics of what you have to do (and in Trados the basics of working with Word amount to almost everything you can do with Trados and Word.
Later I had to use the Trados TagEditor to translate HTML files and learning it was a breeze, having already used it with word.

So my recommendation if you want to start on your own is to read this "first steps" guide. If you can't find it contact me and I'll email it to you.
Collapse

Marina Steinbach
Marina Steinbach
United States
Local time: 18:32
Member (2011)
English to German
I have no idea how long it would take. Nov 27, 2011

Gustavo Alonso wrote:

So my recommendation if you want to start on your own is to read this "first steps" guide. If you can't find it contact me and I'll email it to you.

Hello Gustavo,

I have tried to find the "first steps guide" you are referring to at http://www.sdl.com, but couldn't find it. Could you please provide a link here or send the file to [email protected] ?

Thank you,

Marina

[Edited at 2011-11-27 21:18 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

If you had to teach someone to use Trados, how long would it take?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »