Vanessa Marques
Vanessa Marques  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 07:02
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 19, 2003

Dear all,

I have been thinking about doing an MA in translation. My native language is Portuguese (European). Does anyone know of any courses in the UK? I tried searching the Internet but it\'s difficult to find a course for Portuguese speakers.

Thank you for your help.

Vanessa

Aisha Maniar
Aisha Maniar  Identity Verified
Arabic to English
+ ...
MSc in Portuguese Jan 20, 2003

Hi!

I have just completed an MSc in Translation Studies at the University of Edinburgh. It was excellent...and they do offer the course in Portuguese as well (although no one was doing it while I was there)...It\'s only offered by research however, unlike most of the other languages.

The website in www.ed.ac.uk

The University of Westminster in London may also offer such a course as well as perhaps Lee
... See more
Hi!

I have just completed an MSc in Translation Studies at the University of Edinburgh. It was excellent...and they do offer the course in Portuguese as well (although no one was doing it while I was there)...It\'s only offered by research however, unlike most of the other languages.

The website in www.ed.ac.uk

The University of Westminster in London may also offer such a course as well as perhaps Leeds.

Good luck in finding a course,

Aisha
Collapse

Vanessa Marques
Vanessa Marques  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 07:02
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 21, 2003

Thank you for your comments. It is still difficult to find a course for Portuguese

Vanessa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MA in Portuguese Translation in the UK

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »