Seek suggestions in book translation
Thread poster: Yubing YANG (X)
Yubing YANG (X)
Yubing YANG (X)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Feb 1, 2003

Xin Nian Hao(Happy New Year) from China!

Chinese people initiate their new start according to their lunar calendar. The fire crackers still smells in the air, I wish you all the best.

After a few years in translation, my experience involves business, economics, legal, law, computer, technical and industries. As a MA in translation, I see my past as preparation to book translation both in fiction and nonfiction from English to Chinese. I participate
... See more
Xin Nian Hao(Happy New Year) from China!

Chinese people initiate their new start according to their lunar calendar. The fire crackers still smells in the air, I wish you all the best.

After a few years in translation, my experience involves business, economics, legal, law, computer, technical and industries. As a MA in translation, I see my past as preparation to book translation both in fiction and nonfiction from English to Chinese. I participated in 3 books translation before, but to start it on myself I need your suggestions,

1.How to contact book translation projects?

2.How to work with an overseas partner or client on such projects?

3.Do I need to take part in some translation contest to get myself established?

Please help me by posting under this thread or email me from my proz.com profile.

Thank you in advance!

Gong Xi Fa Cai!(Wish you a prosperous new year!)

William Yang
Collapse

Abdul Karim
Abdul Karim  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 07:06
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Have you ever click: Feb 1, 2003

Have you ever click

http://booktranslations.bizland.com/ ??

Yubing YANG (X)
Yubing YANG (X)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 6, 2003

Thank you very much.

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 20:06
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

There's nothing there! Feb 10, 2003

I tried your link but apparetnly it doesn\'t exist.. has it moved, do you know?

Kind regards,

Nancy

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:06
English to Turkish
+ ...
Beware! Mar 16, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-01 10:25, kareem wrote:

Have you ever click

Clause 7 of their subcontracting aggrement is below. Such clauses can be seen elsewhere. This is not only violating the rights of the translator, but illegitimate as well.
... See more
Quote:

On 2003-02-01 10:25, kareem wrote:

Have you ever click

Clause 7 of their subcontracting aggrement is below. Such clauses can be seen elsewhere. This is not only violating the rights of the translator, but illegitimate as well.

\"7. I understand, that in accordance with CBTS payment policy, I will be paid for my work immediately after the CBTS has been paid by their client. As a rule, it happens within 30 to 45 days from the project completion (however, in exceptional circumstances, when CBTS’s client was late in their payment to CBTS – the latter cannot be held responsible for a delayed payment to me).\"

[addsig] ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seek suggestions in book translation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »