Starting translator seeks advice
Thread poster: maksita
maksita
maksita
Local time: 22:30
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 3, 2003

I don\'t think this is a common message. I\'m s beginner in translating from English into Russian/Lithuanian.Actually I\'m writtnig to ask for an advice. How to begin? Where to practice?

Thank you very much

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:30
English to German
+ ...
Be more specific Mar 3, 2003

Hi maksita,

I think your chances of getting helpful resources will be increased if you can be a bit more specific: what exactly are you looking to do, and where exactly are you looking for help?

Good luck, Ralf

PS Not sure what your \"common message\" reference means...

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-03-03 17:09]

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Ну и ну! Mar 3, 2003

[

Сначала советую посмотреть форумы на этом сайте, особенно \"Getting established\" и \"Being independent\", ´\"Money Matters\" плюс русс
... See more
[

Сначала советую посмотреть форумы на этом сайте, особенно \"Getting established\" и \"Being independent\", ´\"Money Matters\" плюс русский форум.Все форумы именно для того и существуют? чтобы каждый сам проконсультировался, насколько ему это удастся.

Потом поищите через Proz&Agencies коллег, с которыми, врозможно, сможете лично пообщаться, потому что они не так далеко живут.

Я бы так начал, если б чувствовал скбя неуверенным.

Потом2003-03-03 12:55, maksita wrote:

I don\'t think this is a common message. I\'m s beginner in translating from English into Russian/Lithuanian.Actually I\'m writtnig to ask for an advice. How to begin? Where to practice?

Thank you very much

[/quote]
Collapse

Spencer Allman
Spencer Allman
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:30
Finnish to English
Enlargement Mar 4, 2003

With enlargement of the EU next year Lithuanian is suddenly going to be in demand. Start smartening up your CV now and send it off to agencies that have regular work from the European Commmission, etc. (how to discover whether or not they have is another thing of course).

Best

Spencer

[addsig]

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Italian to German
hi Maksita, Mar 4, 2003

in Steffen\'s mail I only read question marks, but he is referring to categories in ProZ \"Discussion Forums\". Hope that helps!

Bye,

Martin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Starting translator seeks advice

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »