can somebody send me a trados , source english file?
Thread poster: Maria Forsyth
Maria Forsyth
Maria Forsyth
English to Spanish
Mar 9, 2003

I am trying to lean to use Trados, I am actually trying to evaluate if I should go with it. It would be helpful if somebody can send me a sample file (like an agency would send for a job). I don\'t know if this is possible since most content is copyrighted, but if anybody has a sample or know where I can download one, please let me know, thanks a lot.

[email protected]

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:41
Dutch to English
+ ...
You can use any Word document Mar 9, 2003

Your best bet is to use an old original Word file and copy and paste your previous translation into the segment for the translation after you open a segment. This way you can see how it works. It is best if you View All (Tools -> Options -> View -> All in Word). This will ensure you do not delete things you shouldn\'t (like codes).

Good luck!

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:41
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Word, PowerPoint, HTML document and so on Mar 9, 2003

María

Have you downloaded an evaluation software? If so, you can use that tool to open a Word or a HTML file. A translation agency will send you a Word file (or a web page). The only thing you have to do it is to open the Workbench (or TagEditor), and start translating it.

There are some other CAT tools, such Transite Satellite PE, that are sent by the client previously formated but this is not the case of Trados.

Regards,

... See more
María

Have you downloaded an evaluation software? If so, you can use that tool to open a Word or a HTML file. A translation agency will send you a Word file (or a web page). The only thing you have to do it is to open the Workbench (or TagEditor), and start translating it.

There are some other CAT tools, such Transite Satellite PE, that are sent by the client previously formated but this is not the case of Trados.

Regards,

Clarisa Moraña
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

can somebody send me a trados , source english file?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »