How to provide certificate of authenticity with my translation?
Thread poster: Yelena.
Yelena.
Yelena.  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:09
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 26, 2003

I need to provide a certificate of authenticity - a covering letter stating that the translation is a true and accurate translation of the original. How do I attach it to the original translated document? Does it have to be in any way bound? Or should just stapling it and signing each page suffice?

Thanks a lot!

Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Local time: 04:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
This is the way we do it in Panama Mar 27, 2003

What we do is that on top of every page of the translation we put : TRANSLATION

and then in the last page of the document I write the following text:

THE FOREGOING TEXT IS A TRUE AND FAITHFUL TRANSLATION OF AN ORIGINAL DOCUMENT SUBMITTED IN THE SPANISH LANGUAGE BY THE CUSTOMER. PANAMA, MARCH 2003.

And then I put my certification seal and sign it.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Dinorah

[ This Message was edited by: dtijeri
... See more
What we do is that on top of every page of the translation we put : TRANSLATION

and then in the last page of the document I write the following text:

THE FOREGOING TEXT IS A TRUE AND FAITHFUL TRANSLATION OF AN ORIGINAL DOCUMENT SUBMITTED IN THE SPANISH LANGUAGE BY THE CUSTOMER. PANAMA, MARCH 2003.

And then I put my certification seal and sign it.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Dinorah

[ This Message was edited by: dtijerino on 2003-03-27 02:08]
Collapse

Kemal Mustajbegovic
Kemal Mustajbegovic  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:09
English to Croatian
+ ...
...or in Australia Mar 27, 2003

What I do, at the end of every translation I write \"I,K.M., accredited translator ... (blah, blah) certify that this is true and accurate translation from ... into ... of the (document)presented to the best of my knowledge.\" and put my seal and signature.

If the translation is to be used in the court of law I am often asked to make an affidavit, a written statement on oath sworn to before a JP.

Regards from Down Under!

Kemal
... See more
What I do, at the end of every translation I write \"I,K.M., accredited translator ... (blah, blah) certify that this is true and accurate translation from ... into ... of the (document)presented to the best of my knowledge.\" and put my seal and signature.

If the translation is to be used in the court of law I am often asked to make an affidavit, a written statement on oath sworn to before a JP.

Regards from Down Under!

Kemal

Collapse

Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
Take it to a notary Mar 27, 2003

The only way to do it in the UK is to take it to a notary. It\'s expensive but the only \"official\" way.

David Knowles
David Knowles  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
Russian to English
+ ...
The Institute of Linguists will provide a letter Mar 27, 2003

I\'d have to find the edition of the Linguist magazine, but a year or two ago there was a short item about this. Th IoL at least considers that a Diploma in Translation is equivalent to a notarised translator.

As a simpler alternative, what I have done is to put the following at the bottom of each page, and it seems to be acceptable. I have scans of qualifications that I can print out if needed.

translated by

[signature]

... See more
I\'d have to find the edition of the Linguist magazine, but a year or two ago there was a short item about this. Th IoL at least considers that a Diploma in Translation is equivalent to a notarised translator.

As a simpler alternative, what I have done is to put the following at the bottom of each page, and it seems to be acceptable. I have scans of qualifications that I can print out if needed.

translated by

[signature]

David Knowles

[qualifications]

[ This Message was edited by: davidk on 2003-03-27 18:00]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to provide certificate of authenticity with my translation?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »