Thread poster: wael.afana
wael.afana
wael.afana
Palestine
Local time: 07:46
English to Arabic
+ ...
May 28, 2008

3 journalist will come to Gaza .Palestine and they ask me about my rate to be their fixer and interpreter during their visit and work with people in Gaza .

this is the first time to do interpretation could you please help me and to suggest the reasonable price for me and them?

And how can account the hours of work

Is it since accompanying them(for example 8 am to 3 pm) or it just for the actual interpreting time with people (for example excluding trans
... See more
3 journalist will come to Gaza .Palestine and they ask me about my rate to be their fixer and interpreter during their visit and work with people in Gaza .

this is the first time to do interpretation could you please help me and to suggest the reasonable price for me and them?

And how can account the hours of work

Is it since accompanying them(for example 8 am to 3 pm) or it just for the actual interpreting time with people (for example excluding transportation time ….etc.)

Please help ?
Collapse

Elenka Ganeva
Elenka Ganeva  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Out of my experience May 28, 2008

Hi !

I was asked by an agency to interpret several times. The agency paid all the hours spent with the clients. Once it was 8 hours, and you can imagine that I have NOT been interpreting all the time.

Good luck!

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Charge May 28, 2008

At least 500 euros per day, 8 hour day when you are with them, regardless of what you are doing. Over 8 hours, charge more. Gaza is a dangerous place.

wael.afana
wael.afana
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks May 28, 2008

Thanks Elenka
thanks Henry for the help
by the way Iam form Gaza but its not dangerous like the media reflect its images.

Jack Qin
Jack Qin  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 12:46
English to Chinese
+ ...
500 euros Jun 18, 2008

If I do interpretation for Amercan and European clients in China, is it possible for me to charge 500 euros on a daily basis?

Many thanks,

Jack

Henry Hinds wrote:

At least 500 euros per day, 8 hour day when you are with them, regardless of what you are doing. Over 8 hours, charge more. Gaza is a dangerous place.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

interpretation rate : please help

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »