Thread poster: hfp
hfp
hfp
United States
Local time: 18:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 8, 2008

Hi, everyone. I have posted a few times on this forum about the Spanish-English Federal Court Interpreter Certification Examination and you all have been extremely helpful. As far as I can tell, the written part will be given in 2010, and the oral in 2011. I am glad I didn't take it this year because I know would have failed it. I am interested in knowing what other tests are out there that one can take to be certified as an interpreter. I understand that no examination is a guarantee for s... See more
Hi, everyone. I have posted a few times on this forum about the Spanish-English Federal Court Interpreter Certification Examination and you all have been extremely helpful. As far as I can tell, the written part will be given in 2010, and the oral in 2011. I am glad I didn't take it this year because I know would have failed it. I am interested in knowing what other tests are out there that one can take to be certified as an interpreter. I understand that no examination is a guarantee for success, but I do want the personal satisfaction of knowing that I am qualified, at least on paper

At this point, I know of the individual State Court examinations that each state provides. Thanks for your help.
Collapse

Alexandra Goldburt
Alexandra Goldburt
Local time: 15:28
English to Russian
+ ...
In California... Jan 16, 2009

If you live in California, check this website: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/programs/courtinterpreters/becoming.htm.

Good luck!

chica nueva
chica nueva
Local time: 10:28
Chinese to English
Ask here...; Chilean Association of Translators and Interpreters; Embassies Feb 17, 2009

http://www.traductores-agts.cl/
COTICH (Chilean Association of Translators and Interpreters)

Or at the US Embassy. Maybe ATA offers tests in Chile ...
Or at the Australian Embassy. Maybe they offer NAATI. With an FTA now, who knows.

Hope this helps.

[Edited at 2009-02-17 10:50 GMT]

hfp
hfp
United States
Local time: 18:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Feb 17, 2009

lai an wrote:

http://www.traductores-agts.cl/
COTICH (Chilean Association of Translators and Interpreters)

Or at the US Embassy. Maybe ATA offers tests in Chile ...
Or at the Australian Embassy. Maybe they offer NAATI. With an FTA now, who knows.

Hope this helps.

[Edited at 2009-02-17 10:50 GMT]

I appreciate your post, Lai an. I will definitely look into all this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tests to certify interpreting skills

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »