Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:10
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 14, 2009

Hi German native speakers.

I´m in the process of applying for the PgD Conference Interpreting at Westminster University in London and I´m looking for German native speakers (in and around London - or people who might want to relocate to London for a while) who are interested to maybe take part in that short course.
It starts at the end of September and takes 7 months to complete (slightly longer if you want to progress to MA).

The reason for my posting is that t
... See more
Hi German native speakers.

I´m in the process of applying for the PgD Conference Interpreting at Westminster University in London and I´m looking for German native speakers (in and around London - or people who might want to relocate to London for a while) who are interested to maybe take part in that short course.
It starts at the end of September and takes 7 months to complete (slightly longer if you want to progress to MA).

The reason for my posting is that the course only goes ahead in each respective language (German in my case) if at least 3 people of that language apply for it. Unfortunately this wasn´t the case last year. Quite a few German B and C speakers applied but no German native speakers.

I would very much like to start the course in September and would thus be glad to hear from people who are also interested. Just drop me a line via my profile page or reply here on the forum.

All the best, Manuela

PS: I posted this topic before on the German forum but didn´t get any replies yet and thought I might just as well try my luck here...
Collapse

Aymeric de Poyen Bellisle (X)
Aymeric de Poyen Bellisle (X)  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 14:10
English to French
+ ...
Hello Jan 14, 2009

Just in case you haven't posted anything on this forum: http://interpreters.freeforums.org (your name doesn't sound familiar), I would encourage you to do so.

Manuela Junghans
Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:10
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Aymeric Jan 15, 2009

Thank you very much for the link. Looks interesting. I will try my luck there

Manuela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PgD Conference Interpreting in London

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »