Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Travel expenses: to charge or not to charge?
Thread poster: Alexandra Goldburt
Alexandra Goldburt
Alexandra Goldburt
Local time: 04:50
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I stand corrected! May 23, 2009

[quote]conejo wrote:

58.5 cents was for the last half of 2008. For 2009 it's 0.55 I believe.

Cezar GRINEA wrote:
Alexandra Goldburt wrote:
... "mileage" applies when you use your own car to travel. In USA, it is currently reimbursed at the rate of 58.5 cents per mile driven.

You are right, Conejo. It went down this year.

Alexandra Goldburt
Alexandra Goldburt
Local time: 04:50
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all! May 23, 2009

There seem to be general consensus that after certain distance from home (say, about 150 miles) charging for a hotel is reasonable. Or, I can charge travel time per hour - this will give me enough to cover the cost of the hotel. But either way, if I accept such an assignment, I have to spend at least one night in a hotel, and I should be paid accordingly.

Thank you for your support. Now I feel much more confident to include a stay in a hotel when quoting on jobs like this.
... See more
There seem to be general consensus that after certain distance from home (say, about 150 miles) charging for a hotel is reasonable. Or, I can charge travel time per hour - this will give me enough to cover the cost of the hotel. But either way, if I accept such an assignment, I have to spend at least one night in a hotel, and I should be paid accordingly.

Thank you for your support. Now I feel much more confident to include a stay in a hotel when quoting on jobs like this.

Thank you all, and have a great weekend!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Travel expenses: to charge or not to charge?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »