Thread poster: Malgorzata Piotrowska
Malgorzata Piotrowska
Malgorzata Piotrowska  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:30
English to Polish
+ ...
Sep 17, 2009

I've done my first interpreting just yesterday and I need to produce an invoice and have no idea how to do it... Can anyone possibly advise me on this, please. Maybe you could tell me where I can find a template, please? Is there a tax rate I need to put in? Thank you.

Marzena Adamik
Marzena Adamik
United Kingdom
English to Polish
I Sep 17, 2009

I know that the invoice has to have your name and address with contact details ( tel), invoice number, invoice date, customer information (company, name, address), Order information (product/service description, qty, amount each, total amount). There is plenty to download form the Internet.

[Zmieniono 2009-09-17 16:40 GMT]

nrabate
nrabate  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:30
Russian to English
+ ...
How about asking your client/customer? Sep 17, 2009

Welcome to professional interpreting, Malgorzata!

It might be prudent to ask your customer for an invoice template. In my practice (US) many companies prefer to use their own invoices. This way you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

MMFORREST
MMFORREST  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Romanian to English
+ ...
template found! Sep 17, 2009

I have found one for you to use for inspiration: http://www.dhhs.state.nc.us/MHDDSAS/deafservices/signlanginterpreter6-20-08sampleinvoice.pdf
... See more
I have found one for you to use for inspiration: http://www.dhhs.state.nc.us/MHDDSAS/deafservices/signlanginterpreter6-20-08sampleinvoice.pdf
You can find more on this search; http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&rlz=1C1CHMA_en-GBGB322GB322&q=interpreting%20invoice%20&btnG=Search&meta=
Good luck!

[Edited at 2009-09-17 17:33 GMT]
Do a search for
interpreting invoice
on google uk

[Edited at 2009-09-17 17:35 GMT]
Collapse

Malgorzata Piotrowska
United Kingdom
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Sep 17, 2009

nrabate wrote:

Welcome to professional interpreting, Malgorzata!

It might be prudent to ask your customer for an invoice template. In my practice (US) many companies prefer to use their own invoices. This way you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Thank you for your warm welcome and for your suggestion!

Malgorzata Piotrowska
United Kingdom
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you - to all who responded! Sep 17, 2009

Thank you all very much! That was very kind of you to spare your time and answer my question.

I found quite a few templates on Microsoft's web site by now, but thank you all the same!

To MMFORREST: thank you for your templates!!! - Very useful for an interpreter, especially if one has to travel a long way...

Sergei Tumanov
Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:30
English to Russian
+ ...
You Sep 17, 2009

can find a template in the Microsoft Office, if it is installed in your PC

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

invoice for interpreting in UK

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »