beatrice25
beatrice25
Romania
Local time: 09:22
Romanian to English
+ ...
Nov 20, 2009

Hello.
I d like to participate in some training courses for interpreters in Romania or even in Europe. Unfortunately, I haven't manage to find any till now in Romania ...
Maybe you know more about this...The languages I m interested in are English and French.
Many thanks.

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:22
Flemish to English
+ ...
Cluj Nov 20, 2009

The university of Cluj-Napoca offers the EMCI (Euromasters in Conference Interpreting).
There is a preselection test in September.

beatrice25
beatrice25
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Nov 20, 2009

I ve heard about this master but I m only interested in a short training because I ve already a job and therefore not so much free time.
thank you for your answer

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Flemish to English
+ ...
No short courses Nov 21, 2009

There is no effective short training. The shortest interpreter training (9 intensive months) is given at the University of Westminster and costs 9000 pounds, if you include the cost of London living.
All the others are 16 months or more. Unlike translator, you can not turn interpreter overnight without the proper training.

Mark Leach (X)
Mark Leach (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
London Metropolitan University course Nov 25, 2009

mihallure wrote:

Hello.
I d like to participate in some training courses for interpreters in Romania or even in Europe. Unfortunately, I haven't manage to find any till now in Romania ...
Maybe you know more about this...The languages I m interested in are English and French.
Many thanks.

Hi mihallure,

I just finished an MA in Interpreting at London Metropolitan University. They offer Masters as well as postgraduate Diploma in Interpreting or a Certificate in Interpreting (two modules only). It is a great course that offers EN-FR and covers not only conference interpreting but remote interpreting (telephone and video conference) as well as Public Service. The tutors were very dedicated and great facilities. I'd highly recommend it!

Mark

anamia06
anamia06
Romanian to English
+ ...
interpreters training in bucharest Feb 10, 2010

As far as i know, the only training course for interpreters in bucharest is an MA (masterat) at the University of Bucharest - Faculty of foreign languages - The European Masterate for Conference Inter... See more
As far as i know, the only training course for interpreters in bucharest is an MA (masterat) at the University of Bucharest - Faculty of foreign languages - The European Masterate for Conference Interpreters:

http://www3.limbi-straine.ro/2008/07/masterate/masterul-european-pentru-formarea-interpretilor-de-conferinta.html

You probably already know that but it's the only one, I'm confrunting myself with the same problem. I have some training but it's not enough from my point of view.

anamia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting Training Courses

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »