Interpretation costs
Thread poster: pj794
Dec 17, 2009

Hi,
I am currently working on an assignment for college around interpretation and I am trying to make it a bit more realistic.

Would someone be able to point me in the direction of what it costs for one hour's telephone or video conferencing translation between two languages. I am just looking for rough costs, ie. what would the hourly rate be.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul.

Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 08:11
Romanian to English
+ ...
in the US Dec 17, 2009

roughly between $ 35- 60/hr. for OPI (over-the-phone interpretation)

xxxhollycric (X)
xxxhollycric (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:11
German to English
+ ...
Thank you for your help Jan 8, 2010

Dear translator/ interpreter friends,

I had the same exact question about over-the-phone interpreting, and it was very convenient for me to just look it up here. So thanks to you for posting this information.

Holly

[Edited at 2010-01-08 17:31 GMT]

parminder Gill
parminder Gill
Local time: 06:11
English
Interpretation costs Jan 10, 2010

The interpretation cost differs industry to industry. If you working on some oil projrct industry then one can charge around $60 - $70. If you working in Medical Industry there charges could be 35 to 45 dollars. In judicial system one make roughly 45 deollars per hour.
Parminder Gill

[Edited at 2010-01-10 04:54 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-01-10 04:57 GMT]

parminder Gill
parminder Gill
Local time: 06:11
English
It should be around $38-$50 per hour(depends on type of setting) Jan 26, 2010

pj794 wrote:

Hi,
I am currently working on an assignment for college around interpretation and I am trying to make it a bit more realistic.

Would someone be able to point me in the direction of what it costs for one hour's telephone or video conferencing translation between two languages. I am just looking for rough costs, ie. what would the hourly rate be.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpretation costs

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »