I recently took the written Court interpreting exam....
Thread poster: Rod Novillo
Rod Novillo
Rod Novillo
United States
Local time: 10:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 25, 2010

Hey.... I'm back in study mode. I took the written with only a week's worth of hard studying and needed one more right answer in each section to pass. I think I rushed through it because I left with an hour and a half left on the clock. I honestly thought it would be much easier, but it is challenging. I did well on the vocab and and I post
... See more

Hey.... I'm back in study mode. I took the written with only a week's worth of hard studying and needed one more right answer in each section to pass. I think I rushed through it because I left with an hour and a half left on the clock. I honestly thought it would be much easier, but it is challenging. I did well on the vocab and and I posted a good gre list to study on my blog/website, also there's some other good stuff there like english grammar rules. I had ordered the book '100 years of solitude' and i received it in the mail too late to be of any study use for the exam. I think reading it is valuable for the spanish section. I have to admit the first attempt gave me much respect for the process, one cannot just waltz in there and expect to pass no problem. I will be going back to the books and web resources now that I have an idea of what is in the exam. All the material I have to study which I have not nearly covered and retained in its entirety has also been used by a colleague from Interpreting school and she passed with it the second time around with impressive scores 79 in english and 89 in spanish. I have many resources posted on my site and plan to post some more in the weeks months to come.

Anybody take the written exam SPANISH ENGLISH recently ? What did you think, hard ? easy ? medium ?

I cannot mention my website on this post because I'll be banned by the moderators. To get more information you may visit my proz.com profile and find links there.

THANKS !! http://www.proz.com/translator/1109852

THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION, I KNOW THE FORUM RULES.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I recently took the written Court interpreting exam....

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »