Community interpreting - I need your help :)
Thread poster: Herbina
May 21, 2010

I'm looking for people who had experiences with this kind of interpreting, either as interpreters or as those who needed help in this field at some stage of their lives themselves.

“Community interpreting is a specific type of interpreting service which is found more in community-based than organisational situations. It is a particularly vital service in communities with large numbers of ethnic minorities, enabling those minorities to access services where, due to the language bar
... See more
I'm looking for people who had experiences with this kind of interpreting, either as interpreters or as those who needed help in this field at some stage of their lives themselves.

“Community interpreting is a specific type of interpreting service which is found more in community-based than organisational situations. It is a particularly vital service in communities with large numbers of ethnic minorities, enabling those minorities to access services where, due to the language barrier, they would otherwise find it difficult. Situations where such interpreters are necessary are typical include medical, educational, housing, social security and legal areas.”

And these are the surveys – the former one is for the interpreters, the latter one for those who needed their help themselves back in the past.

http://www.ankietka.pl/ankieta/41804/community-interpreting-survey-for-interpreters.html

http://www.ankietka.pl/ankieta/41820/people-who-used-community-interpreters-services.html

I would be very grateful to you. Thank you in advance. The results will be used by me while writing my master's thesis.
Collapse

Herbina
Herbina
TOPIC STARTER
May you help? May 27, 2010

I'd like to finish the survey before June. May anyone help?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Community interpreting - I need your help :)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »