Thread poster: Adriana Passos
Adriana Passos
Adriana Passos  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:54
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 28, 2010

Hi all,

Im new here and I need some help. I'm taking the DPSI exam next June 2011 and I was just wondering if anyone who has taken it could give me some tips on the exam? I'm doing a preparatory course but I dont feel prepared at all to take the exam next year! Also I'm a bit worried I have done the wrong choice by choosing DPSI instead of conference Interpreting or the Diploma in Translation. And with public cuts the government is doing the future for interpreters doesn't look brig
... See more
Hi all,

Im new here and I need some help. I'm taking the DPSI exam next June 2011 and I was just wondering if anyone who has taken it could give me some tips on the exam? I'm doing a preparatory course but I dont feel prepared at all to take the exam next year! Also I'm a bit worried I have done the wrong choice by choosing DPSI instead of conference Interpreting or the Diploma in Translation. And with public cuts the government is doing the future for interpreters doesn't look bright!

Im doing Brazilian Portuguese/English, if anyone has some past papers on it I'm interested. Iol past papers are very expensive!

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated such as web sites where I could do some practicing, etc.

Thank you very much for your help.

Adriana
Collapse

Livia D'Ettorre
Livia D'Ettorre  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:54
English to Italian
+ ...
Don't worry! Oct 29, 2010

Hi Adriana,

It's normal that you don't feel prepared enough to pass the exam now: your course has probably just started! It takes time to feel more confident.
If you have a look at past threads, I am sure you'll find plenty of information on how to practise for the exam.
I don't live in the UK anymore, so I can't really tell you about how useful the DPSI can be for you, but I am sure you'll be able to find jobs with it. Which DPSI are you doing (law, health or local gov
... See more
Hi Adriana,

It's normal that you don't feel prepared enough to pass the exam now: your course has probably just started! It takes time to feel more confident.
If you have a look at past threads, I am sure you'll find plenty of information on how to practise for the exam.
I don't live in the UK anymore, so I can't really tell you about how useful the DPSI can be for you, but I am sure you'll be able to find jobs with it. Which DPSI are you doing (law, health or local government)?
Good luck!

Livia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DPSI Exam

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »