Interpreting rates
Thread poster: Dina Kudinova
Dina Kudinova
Dina Kudinova
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 21, 2011

Hello! I'm new to proz.com. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how much interpreters usually quote in the UK? I used to be an in-house translator/interpreter in Russia, but have moved to the UK and am not quite sure what the rates here are. Any help will be greatly appreciated:)

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post.
erika rubinstein
erika rubinstein  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:55
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
It is not true Jan 22, 2011

Of course you pay much more in London for a flat in in Moscow and the interpreting rates have to be much more higher. In fact you pay not only more for a flat but for everything.

atarget (X)
atarget (X)
Local time: 23:55
Polish to English
erika Jan 22, 2011

erika rubinstein wrote:

Of course you pay much more in London for a flat in in Moscow and the interpreting rates have to be much more higher. In fact you pay not only more for a flat but for everything.

you didn't get it, did ya ?

Mariella Bonelli
Mariella Bonelli  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:55
English to Italian
+ ...
Not clear Jan 22, 2011

atarget wrote:

erika rubinstein wrote:

you didn't get it, did ya ?

Neither did I. Maybe you could explain it with a clearer sentence.

market values of "qvartiras" in Moscow are higher, than market values of comparable flats in London, I'm affraid interpretation rates in UK may be lower , than the ones you were paid in Russia

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting rates

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »