I received two emails for a scam interpreting job February 25.
מפרסם התגובה: Saudina Torres

Saudina Torres  Identity Verified
ארצות הברית
Local time: 22:12
מאנגלית לספרדית
Feb 1, 2013

A person just emailed me yesterday (Rule # 8 cannot say his name, too bad, it's a funny, made up Spanish-English mix), telling me in not-so good English that he needed my services as an interpreter "in the area" I live, he just couldn't mention it. He said the job is for February 25th for 5 days. Without specifying my details, I asked where he needed interpreting, and he named about half a dozen US cities saying that he would fly me wherever the job was. Yeah right! The whole story was bogus an... See more
A person just emailed me yesterday (Rule # 8 cannot say his name, too bad, it's a funny, made up Spanish-English mix), telling me in not-so good English that he needed my services as an interpreter "in the area" I live, he just couldn't mention it. He said the job is for February 25th for 5 days. Without specifying my details, I asked where he needed interpreting, and he named about half a dozen US cities saying that he would fly me wherever the job was. Yeah right! The whole story was bogus and inconsistent. He/she could hardly write three correct words in English. Heads up! I think it's a pretty obvious scam, but they might trick some unsuspecting victims.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I received two emails for a scam interpreting job February 25.

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2021
One central location to store and manage multilingual terminology.

By providing access to all those involved in applying terminology (such as engineers, marketers, translators, and terminologists), our terminology management solution ensures consistent and high-quality content from source through to translation.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • חיפוש מונח
  • עבודות
  • פורומים
  • Multiple search