Thread poster: jenbikkal (X)
jenbikkal (X)
jenbikkal (X)

Local time: 20:57
French to English
+ ...
Feb 26, 2013

Hi all,

I'm thinking of moving to Geneva, and my dream would be to be an interpreter there at the UN or WHO but I would pretty much be open to any position in an NGO over there.

I am currently a working interpreter and received a certificate in interpreting from NYU, not a degree.

Does anyone know if this would be an issue?

Also, could someone outline the process in terms of the steps that need to be taken to apply. I know that its is a pretty
... See more
Hi all,

I'm thinking of moving to Geneva, and my dream would be to be an interpreter there at the UN or WHO but I would pretty much be open to any position in an NGO over there.

I am currently a working interpreter and received a certificate in interpreting from NYU, not a degree.

Does anyone know if this would be an issue?

Also, could someone outline the process in terms of the steps that need to be taken to apply. I know that its is a pretty lengthy process. I already registered on Inspira, and am keeping my eyes out for examination dates.

-Thanks for all of your help,

-Jennifer

[Edited at 2013-02-26 21:14 GMT]
Collapse

TargamaT team
TargamaT team  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:57
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Welcome... Feb 27, 2013

Hi Jennifer,

Interpretation is not my domain... However, for finding a job in CH it is better to start looking on some Job sites as: www.jobs.ch / www.jobpilot.ch / www.jobup.ch

I hop that helps you.

Oussa
... See more
Hi Jennifer,

Interpretation is not my domain... However, for finding a job in CH it is better to start looking on some Job sites as: www.jobs.ch / www.jobpilot.ch / www.jobup.ch

I hop that helps you.

Oussama
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Geneva Interpreters

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »