Thread poster: Roman Makogon
Roman Makogon
Roman Makogon
United Kingdom
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 28, 2013

Dear colleagues,

Could anyone give me any info about court interpreting in Australia? I have been working in UK courts for the past 10 years and am moving to Sydney, AU.

Is the system similar to UK, whereby you must be on the National Register of Public Service Interpreters, pass the exam and have certain experience to qualify? Do courts book you direct? Or is it the case, that the workflow passes through commercial agencies? It would be very helpful to have a rough ide
... See more
Dear colleagues,

Could anyone give me any info about court interpreting in Australia? I have been working in UK courts for the past 10 years and am moving to Sydney, AU.

Is the system similar to UK, whereby you must be on the National Register of Public Service Interpreters, pass the exam and have certain experience to qualify? Do courts book you direct? Or is it the case, that the workflow passes through commercial agencies? It would be very helpful to have a rough idea about fees offered to court interpreters? Are Russian and/or Lithuanian interpreters in demand in Sydney?

I thank you very much in advance for your kind replies!

Roman
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

court interpreting in Australia

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »