AnnaOn
AnnaOn
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:50
Polish to English
+ ...
Nov 9, 2013

Hello,
I urgently need the exact current wording of the simple caution used by the police in England and Wales. I will be extremely grateful for help.
Thanks

Mark Thompson
Mark Thompson  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 04:50
Portuguese to English
2 cautions Nov 10, 2013

On arrest: You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court.

On being charged with an offence: You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention now something which you later rely on in court

AnnaOn
AnnaOn
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:50
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
simple caution Nov 10, 2013

Thanks. However, I'm after simple caution which is an alternative to being charged (formal police warning recorded on their system).

Mark Thompson
Mark Thompson  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 04:50
Portuguese to English
Depends on the offence Nov 10, 2013

Ok Anna, now I understand.

When a person receives a formal police caution, the wording on the caution form will depend on the offence. Normally there are proforma templates, and the wording is a simplified version of how a charge sheet for that offence would read.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Simple Caution wording

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »