Which school should I go to in japan if I want to be an interepreter/translator
Thread poster: alysha_123
alysha_123
alysha_123
United States
Jan 21, 2014

I'm going to move to Japan soon (maybe in a couple months) and I'm trying to look for translating schools to go to for when I move there but I don't want to be wasting my time by taking classes or going to schools I don't need to be taking.
So Im asking you guys, what school should I go to? I want to go somewhere where I can just study Japanese and maybe get some kind of license of some sort for translating (or foreign language? not sure what they call it)
Is it really better to go t
... See more
I'm going to move to Japan soon (maybe in a couple months) and I'm trying to look for translating schools to go to for when I move there but I don't want to be wasting my time by taking classes or going to schools I don't need to be taking.
So Im asking you guys, what school should I go to? I want to go somewhere where I can just study Japanese and maybe get some kind of license of some sort for translating (or foreign language? not sure what they call it)
Is it really better to go to college and get a degree? or is getting a license better? Because I feel like I would learn much more by going to a school that teaches just Japanese...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which school should I go to in japan if I want to be an interepreter/translator

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »