Survey participation for university study.
Thread poster: Pawel Mosur
Pawel Mosur
Pawel Mosur
Polish to English
+ ...
Mar 31, 2014

Dear Interpreters,

My name is Pawel and I am an undergraduate student at Middlesex University in London. The reason, I am posting this topic is that, I am about to undertake a study regarding variety of regional English accents and dialects and their impact on the work of public service interpreters working in various settings. I hope that findings from that study will help me understand whether or not interpreters have problems with understanding different accents and dialects
... See more
Dear Interpreters,

My name is Pawel and I am an undergraduate student at Middlesex University in London. The reason, I am posting this topic is that, I am about to undertake a study regarding variety of regional English accents and dialects and their impact on the work of public service interpreters working in various settings. I hope that findings from that study will help me understand whether or not interpreters have problems with understanding different accents and dialects and if so how do they resolve those obstacles.

IF YOU ARE AN INTERPRETER WORKING IN PUBLIC SERVICE LIVING IN ENGLAND (NOT IN SCOTLAND, WALES OR NORTHERN IRELAND) I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU TO TAKE PART IN THIS STUDY.

It should not take more than 5 minutes to complete the survey and the survey itself is anonymous, so I will appreciate that you give your honest answer to each question stated.

I would really appreciate if you could complete the survey as this, will allow me to conduct my study, which in return will allow me to make suggestions on how the interpreters’ training could be improved.

The survey is online based using SmartSurvey website and is available via the link below:

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s.asp?i=109342rfzcw

Should you require more information about the project please do not hesitate to contact me on the following university email: [email protected]

If you would like to know the results of my study please send me an email and once the study has been completed I will send you the results of my findings.

I would like to thank you in advance for your participation in this study.

Pawel Mosur
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Survey participation for university study.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »