Thread poster: PhoenixMD
PhoenixMD
PhoenixMD
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:40
Persian (Farsi) to English
May 25, 2014

Hi,
I am about to take the DPSI exam in JUNE 2014, in London. I have a quick question.
On the IoL webiste itself, the dates are mentioned as follows:
EXAMINATION TIMETABLE JUNE 2014

16 JUNE 2014 >>>> ORAL UNITS LOCAL GOVERNMENT

17 JUNE 2014 >>>> ORAL UNITS HEALTH

18 JUNE 2014 >>>> ORAL UNITS LAW

19 JUNE 2014 >>>> ORAL UNITS LAW

20 JUNE 2014 >>>> ORAL UNITS LAW
... See more
Hi,
I am about to take the DPSI exam in JUNE 2014, in London. I have a quick question.
On the IoL webiste itself, the dates are mentioned as follows:
EXAMINATION TIMETABLE JUNE 2014

16 JUNE 2014 >>>> ORAL UNITS LOCAL GOVERNMENT

17 JUNE 2014 >>>> ORAL UNITS HEALTH

18 JUNE 2014 >>>> ORAL UNITS LAW

19 JUNE 2014 >>>> ORAL UNITS LAW

20 JUNE 2014 >>>> ORAL UNITS LAW

24 JUNE 2014 >>>> WRITTEN UNITS

I am taking the law option. Does that mean that my exam is spread throughout 4 days, unlike the other two options of Local Government and Health?
So, I have to attend the exams on 18th, 19th, 20th and 24th June 2014?
Also, if you could clarify the time of the exams, which units are taken each day, and also if there will be a ID card I need to obtain to be able to enter the exam centre?
Thank you very much in advance!
Collapse

Camelia Colnic
Camelia Colnic  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:40
Romanian to English
+ ...
Only two of the dates are for you May 26, 2014

This means that the Oral exam will be in one of the 3 days that are mentioned for Oral exam..and the written exam is on the date of the written. All options have the written exam in the same day. There are 3 days there, because there are many candidates and not enough examiners to examine them in one day.

You need to receive a letter stating the day and time when you need to be there. A photographic ID is needed (passport for example).

The oral exam(Unit 1, 2 and 3) wi
... See more
This means that the Oral exam will be in one of the 3 days that are mentioned for Oral exam..and the written exam is on the date of the written. All options have the written exam in the same day. There are 3 days there, because there are many candidates and not enough examiners to examine them in one day.

You need to receive a letter stating the day and time when you need to be there. A photographic ID is needed (passport for example).

The oral exam(Unit 1, 2 and 3) will be on one of the dates 18, 19 or 20 and it is about an hour long.

You will also get the role plays context at the beginning of June. They will appear on the IoL website, so you can prepare a little for that.

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DPSI Exam Dates

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »