Thread poster: Emma Page
Emma Page
Emma Page
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:17
French to English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2017

I'm currently looking for a level 3 community interpreting course, preferably in the North West (Manchester area) or online. Can anyone tell me how reputable dpsi online are, as they do charge a hefty fee? (http://dpsionline.co.uk/). Any other suggestions?

I am currently completing an MA in Translation (French/Spanish --> English) which has an interpreting element, so I do have some exposure/prac
... See more
I'm currently looking for a level 3 community interpreting course, preferably in the North West (Manchester area) or online. Can anyone tell me how reputable dpsi online are, as they do charge a hefty fee? (http://dpsionline.co.uk/). Any other suggestions?

I am currently completing an MA in Translation (French/Spanish --> English) which has an interpreting element, so I do have some exposure/practice in the field, but I want a level 3 qualification as well before I search out freelance work.
Collapse

Alice Crisan
Alice Crisan  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:17
English to Romanian
+ ...
MA v level 3 community interpreting course ? ! Feb 27, 2017

Why are you thinking of a community interpreting course level 3 as long as you are completing an MA ?
You should rather try to market yourself and also find some courses on proz.com on how to improve your business skills.
Try to gain more experience and attend meetings and other such venues with your colleagues, get involved in this community, be more active on proz.
Fill in your profile and describe your e
... See more
Why are you thinking of a community interpreting course level 3 as long as you are completing an MA ?
You should rather try to market yourself and also find some courses on proz.com on how to improve your business skills.
Try to gain more experience and attend meetings and other such venues with your colleagues, get involved in this community, be more active on proz.
Fill in your profile and describe your experience as a linguist.

[Edited at 2017-02-27 17:59 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Level 3 course advice

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »