day rates or hourly for two-way interpreting in italy
Thread poster: kellie riggs
kellie riggs
kellie riggs
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 26, 2018

Hi everyone! I'm trying to find some day rates or hourly rates used for two way interpretations; I have to assist an american designer at a meeting with an italian goldsmith and translate en-it and it-en. I am a goldsmith myself so i'm specialized in the vocab. could any of you suggest how I might go about charging for this service? I don't know how long the meeting will last and I imagine there will be future correspondence between the two via email. I would also like to ask for a per diem or s... See more
Hi everyone! I'm trying to find some day rates or hourly rates used for two way interpretations; I have to assist an american designer at a meeting with an italian goldsmith and translate en-it and it-en. I am a goldsmith myself so i'm specialized in the vocab. could any of you suggest how I might go about charging for this service? I don't know how long the meeting will last and I imagine there will be future correspondence between the two via email. I would also like to ask for a per diem or some kind and the client to cover travel expenses (i'd have to travel from florence to milan). anyone have experience with a job like this freelancing? I teach english in florence freelance and ususally charge 20-25 an hour.. but this seems to be more specific and so i was hoping to ask for more.

thanks for all your advice in advance ! day rate for jobs like this, or hourly?
Collapse

Jan Rausch
Jan Rausch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:41
German to English
+ ...
Day rate Apr 3, 2018

Hi Kellie,

I would definitely charge a day rate (including overtime after 8 hours if applicable), plus travel expenses (and accommodation if required) and a per diem for subsistence.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jan

kellie riggs
kellie riggs
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What would be a good starting day rate? Apr 3, 2018

Hi Jan!
Thanks so much for your response and advice. Could I ask you what you think a going day rate would be?
thanks so much!
kellie

Jan Rausch
Jan Rausch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:41
German to English
+ ...
Sorry Jun 12, 2018

kellie riggs wrote:

Hi Jan!
Thanks so much for your response and advice. Could I ask you what you think a going day rate would be?
thanks so much!
kellie

Hi Kellie,

Sorry, I have only just seen this. So I suppose it is too late now, and I am not familiar with rates on the Italian market anyway.

Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

day rates or hourly for two-way interpreting in italy

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »