What to include in (or leave out of) an Interpreter CV? Assignment and client details?
Thread poster: RossFerguson
RossFerguson
RossFerguson
Local time: 08:30
French to English
+ ...
Jul 11, 2018

Hello colleagues,

I'm writing this post as I have a question about what to include (or not) on a C.V.

This might seem obvious to the more experienced members among us but I have a few doubts about the exact amount of detail to include on a C.V.

If you work with an agency, do you detail each assignment with the name of the end client, and the type of service given, i.e. "Liaison interpreting on [date] at [company] dealing with [subject]. Or do you anonymise
... See more
Hello colleagues,

I'm writing this post as I have a question about what to include (or not) on a C.V.

This might seem obvious to the more experienced members among us but I have a few doubts about the exact amount of detail to include on a C.V.

If you work with an agency, do you detail each assignment with the name of the end client, and the type of service given, i.e. "Liaison interpreting on [date] at [company] dealing with [subject]. Or do you anonymise the name of the end client to say you have worked with [the agency]?

I'm curious as one agency in particular has given me lots of interpreting assingments over the past year and I don't know whether to reference the end clients, and detail each assignment or to group everything under the name of the agency...

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Happy interpreting... and translating,
Ross
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What to include in (or leave out of) an Interpreter CV? Assignment and client details?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »