Marion Lambert-Nuding
Marion Lambert-Nuding  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:56
English to French
+ ...
Feb 11, 2019

Hello all,

Having recently passed a DPSI Law, French (even got the CIOL award for best 2018 candidate, yeah!), I'm now trying to get some assignments and to build up experience. I've registered as an interim member withthe NRPSI, and I'm also registered with Capita, but I understand the main court and police contracts are with TheBigWord.
But... Their system doesn't seem to be working, ie every time I try to fill in their online form the website takes me round in circles betw
... See more
Hello all,

Having recently passed a DPSI Law, French (even got the CIOL award for best 2018 candidate, yeah!), I'm now trying to get some assignments and to build up experience. I've registered as an interim member withthe NRPSI, and I'm also registered with Capita, but I understand the main court and police contracts are with TheBigWord.
But... Their system doesn't seem to be working, ie every time I try to fill in their online form the website takes me round in circles between the first 2 pages. I've tried contacting them several times, even got a vague reply from a chap claiming to be interested in my feedback about their new website, but he eventually stopped answering my emails. Attempts to contact them by phone led to nothing.

Did anyone else have this problem....? Any ideas? Is this really the main PSI provider in the UK ?!?

Thanks for your help/feedback!

Marion
Collapse

Mariella Bonelli
Mariella Bonelli  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:56
English to Italian
+ ...
Hello Marion Feb 11, 2019

Sorry, I cannot help you with this issue. Anyway, before spending your time, take a look at the Blue Board. You may not be so enthusiast to be part of their team.

Robert Forstag

Marion Lambert-Nuding
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To gain experience....? Feb 11, 2019

Mariella Bonelli wrote:

Sorry, I cannot help you with this issue. Anyway, before spending your time, take a look at the Blue Board. You may not be so enthusiast to be part of their team.

Hi Mariella,
I'm well aware of the ethical and professional downsides of working with them, but they hold the main UK police and MoJ contracts so it's still a starting point.... Right? Any other tips would be welcome though!
Thanks

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:56
English to Italian
Browser Feb 11, 2019

Marionlam wrote:

Did anyone else have this problem....? Any ideas? Is this really the main PSI provider in the UK ?!?

Hi, I just tried, after reading your post, and it seems it's the coding on their website that sucks a bit. It didn't work with Chrome, but it did work with Edge, so, in short: try using a different browser. HTH

Marion Lambert-Nuding
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
None of the browsers work for me.... Feb 11, 2019

Thanks, but no... Neither Chrome, IE/Edge or Firefox get me any further than the "contact details" page...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Registering with thebigword - not working

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »