Local time: 15:26
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
After a while Oct 16, 2006

Hello!

It is really nice to recive a reply after so many weeks I must say once more that all the responses I have received really helped me. In two ways first of all by providing precious information but also by giving me the extra confidence necessary to perform well under stress.

In mean time I have been working, quite a few times, in a court but it is the first time which is the most important one. How
... See more
Hello!

It is really nice to recive a reply after so many weeks I must say once more that all the responses I have received really helped me. In two ways first of all by providing precious information but also by giving me the extra confidence necessary to perform well under stress.

In mean time I have been working, quite a few times, in a court but it is the first time which is the most important one. However even though I feel much more confident now I still work hard on my legal English, and I have started to think seriously about the DPSI.

Stanislaw
Collapse

Kajuco
Kajuco
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
Mention Feb 21, 2008

I've just come across this interesting and helpful thread. Tomorrow I'm due to interpret at a Crown Court, and all they've told me is that it's for a Mention. I gather that's a short hearing. But can anyone explain a bit more about it to me? Thanks in advance.

Katie

nke
nke
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Just one more suggestion Mar 10, 2008

I have only just seen your question, so could not contribute earlier, but the answers are all excellentl they do not leave much more to be said.

So I have only one more suggestion - the Chartered Institute of Linguists [CIOL], and perhaps also the Institute of Translators and Interpreters [ITI[ run day courses on many subjects including court interpreting, which are very helpful. And taking the DPSI or some form of qualification or affiliation with an appropriate association is goi
... See more
I have only just seen your question, so could not contribute earlier, but the answers are all excellentl they do not leave much more to be said.

So I have only one more suggestion - the Chartered Institute of Linguists [CIOL], and perhaps also the Institute of Translators and Interpreters [ITI[ run day courses on many subjects including court interpreting, which are very helpful. And taking the DPSI or some form of qualification or affiliation with an appropriate association is going to become if not already essential to be able to work in courts as an interpreter, so do follow up this idea.

Glad to know your work in this field is going well.

Best Wishes
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

First time working as a court interpreter

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »