Postgraduate/ Master education in Spain/ Europe
Thread poster: Adela Baena
Adela Baena
Adela Baena  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 24, 2008

I am currently trying to find some Postgraduate/ Master courses on Conference Interpreting in Spain or other European countries.

Depending on how I succeed in "recovering" my language skills and knowledge for each of my foreign languages, my working combination (Spanish, English, French, German) can vary from ABBC to ACCC or even, in the worst case, ACC, if my German results "unrecoverable" in the available lapse of time before acces tests.

Some of the terms are alrea
... See more
I am currently trying to find some Postgraduate/ Master courses on Conference Interpreting in Spain or other European countries.

Depending on how I succeed in "recovering" my language skills and knowledge for each of my foreign languages, my working combination (Spanish, English, French, German) can vary from ABBC to ACCC or even, in the worst case, ACC, if my German results "unrecoverable" in the available lapse of time before acces tests.

Some of the terms are already over (like ETI or ESTI, for instance). And I would like to find something for next year (october 08-july 09).

I've read about the University of La Laguna´s MIC on some AIIC report considering it the 6th best CI training in the world, but some other possibilities are Comillas and VIc.

I cannot afford devoting several years to just training, since I'm 32 and have a kid already, but I'd like to follow some valuable courses that offer some kind of link with the professional market (stage, good references among professional interpreters, etc).

I imagine candidates for EU and other international organisations are selected also taking into account the diplomas they have, and do not wish to start up closing myself too many doors from the beginning.

I wonder if someone could give me some references about these trainings and help me choosing one.

IF possible, I would like to have some infos about access tests, how to prepare them and how they are, especially for La Laguna (memory exercises, ressources, etc).

Thanks a lot!

[Editado a las 2008-02-24 21:59]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Postgraduate/ Master education in Spain/ Europe

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »