Atena Hensch
Atena Hensch  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 00:30
Persian (Farsi) to English
+ ...
Mar 11, 2008

hi there
I am looking for a free software that I can enter the details of all the interpreters in my country. Something specificlly for keeping the interpreters data base.

Do you know any thing like that?

cheers
Atena

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-03-11 11:16]

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Excel ;-) Mar 11, 2008

Of course, I have no idea of what you want to do with a database like that, whether you need it for outsourcing or invoicing purposes, or whether you only want a tool for a quick search. But whatever your objectives are, storing data like this in a simple Excel table is always handy, since you can later use it in almost every database application you might possibly buy. The only drawback: it doesn't look too attractive.

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:30
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Projetex Mar 11, 2008

I am quite happy with Projetex - if you are going not only keep a database but also give work to this interpreters this program could help you a lot, but certainly it's not the only option.

I am quite sure that in a while someone from Proz.com will say also that you could use Connect tool for this purpose. Probably it could save you a lot of work with entering data but then you would have only access to interpreters registered on Proz.com

Kind Regards
Stanislaw

Atena Hensch
Atena Hensch  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 00:30
Persian (Farsi) to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
?? Mar 12, 2008

Stanislaw Czech wrote:

I am quite happy with Projetex - if you are going not only keep a database but also give work to this interpreters this program could help you a lot, but certainly it's not the only option.

yes, I am going to give work to the interpreters too.

Anyway, that's going to be my business. Hopefully...

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software for interpreter details

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »