Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
The export failed because of incorrectly paired "hlink" tags
Thread poster: Capitaltrans
Capitaltrans
Capitaltrans
Local time: 13:52
May 14, 2015

Here is the error that shows when trying to export (dialog): The export failed because of incorrectly paired "hlink" tags. I tried all suggestions offered in one of the groups: Removing the codes completely, re-inserting them, copying the source into target. Nothing works. Besides, I do not see any errors in the segment indicated in terms of coding. It should have allowed to export the file after I copied the source to target but it does not.

Project is due today. Any suggestions ar
... See more
Here is the error that shows when trying to export (dialog): The export failed because of incorrectly paired "hlink" tags. I tried all suggestions offered in one of the groups: Removing the codes completely, re-inserting them, copying the source into target. Nothing works. Besides, I do not see any errors in the segment indicated in terms of coding. It should have allowed to export the file after I copied the source to target but it does not.

Project is due today. Any suggestions are most welcome. Thank you in advance.

Lana
Collapse

Ahsen Sözen

Marc Cordes
Marc Cordes  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:52
English to German
+ ...
Format May 14, 2015

Hi Lana,

I haven't come across the same error yet but I hope the original file format of your projects' files is word (?)
If so and considering that your translation is safe and sound in the TM I would try to delete all files from the project, then go and convert all DOCX files to DOC or the other way round and re-import the whole content and then do a pretranslation via TM.

Please let me know if that was helpful.

Crossing fingers!

[Edited at 2
... See more
Hi Lana,

I haven't come across the same error yet but I hope the original file format of your projects' files is word (?)
If so and considering that your translation is safe and sound in the TM I would try to delete all files from the project, then go and convert all DOCX files to DOC or the other way round and re-import the whole content and then do a pretranslation via TM.

Crossing fingers!

[Edited at 2015-05-14 21:04 GMT]
Collapse

Capitaltrans
Capitaltrans
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 15, 2015

Dear Marc,

Thank you so much for your response. I think it makes sense. I was able to contact Memo-Q support, and they were so kind to respond right away and actually send a clean file back to me. I am still to find out what the trick to fix this issue was. If and when I do, I will be sure to post it here.:)

Thank you again for your help.

Lana

Marc Cordes
Marc Cordes  Identity Verified
Poland
English to German
+ ...
:-) May 15, 2015

No problem at all
Glad to hear you were able to sort it out!!

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
Try to import different times May 15, 2015

Make several copies of your original file with different names (to keep the original document). Then no need to delete first file from the project. Try the following:

1. Import it, copy source to target, confirm without update and try to export. If failed, then:

1.1. Save DOCX as DOC (or DOC as DOCX) and try item 1.
1.2. Save as RTF and try item 1.
1.3. Select the whole text, apply SAME font, language, color etc. Language is important. Try item 1.

... See more
Make several copies of your original file with different names (to keep the original document). Then no need to delete first file from the project. Try the following:

1. Import it, copy source to target, confirm without update and try to export. If failed, then:

1.3. Select the whole text, apply SAME font, language, color etc. Language is important. Try item 1.

If export will succeed, then:

2.1. Pretranslate the file with your TM. Filter segments with source inline tags only. Copy source to target and confirm. Try to export. If export successfull, then you will have several segments and one of them causes problems. Check them one by one.

You can also try to split whole document into several smaller documents and try to import them. It usually helps with Excel documents
Collapse

Ahsen Sözen

Capitaltrans
Capitaltrans
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Michael May 15, 2015

Thank you very much, Michael, for your helpful suggestions. Very nice people from Memo-Q were actually able to fix the file for me but I will keep this in mind if I run into this problem again, which is a good possibility, as there are more parts to this project.

Thank you for your help.

Kindest regards,

Lana

Ahsen Sözen
Ahsen Sözen  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:52
Turkish to English
+ ...
I have had the same problem today Nov 13, 2018

Marc Cordes wrote:

Hi Lana,

Crossing fingers!

[Edited at 2015-05-14 21:04 GMT]

I have tried this solution offer, but it did not work. I saved the file as different (from docx to doc), uploaded in again to MemoQ and used the same TM, do pre translate go over and confirm the segments but could not export again!. The message box reads as "The export failed because of incorrectly paired "hlnk" tags."

Sinan Alobaidi

Ahsen Sözen
Türkiye
Turkish to English
+ ...
hlnk tag problem Nov 13, 2018

Capitaltrans wrote:

Dear Marc,

Thank you so much for your response. I think it makes sense. I was able to contact Memo-Q support, and they were so kind to respond right away and actually send a clean file back to me. I am still to find out what the trick to fix this issue was. If and when I do, I will be sure to post it here.:)

Thank you again for your help.

Lana

Hi Lana,

Have you been able to find the solution to fix the problem yourself? I am having the same problem right now and need help.

Thanks.

Sinan Alobaidi

Ahsen Sözen
Türkiye
Turkish to English
+ ...
Thank you, it worked! Nov 13, 2018

Mikhail Popov wrote:

If export will succeed, then:

2.1. Pretranslate the file with your TM. Filter segments with source inline tags only. Copy source to target and confirm. Try to export. If export successfull, then you will have several segments and one of them causes problems. Check them one by one.

You can also try to split whole document into several smaller documents and try to import them. It usually helps with Excel documents

Thank you very much indeed Mikhail. Your detailed and simple explanations have helped me solve the hlnk problem. I applied the second option.

Atso Puronen
Atso Puronen
English to Finnish
Display full tags Dec 20, 2018

Hello,

I'd suggest you make sure you display full tag details. It helps to distinguish even the smallest differences in tags (such as ID).

Atso

Annamaria Amik
Annamaria Amik  Identity Verified
Romanian to English
+ ...
Running QA check before export may help Dec 21, 2018

Running a QA before exporting often helps with tag errors (right-click file, Task > Run QA). Normally it will tell you which row you're having problems with, and you don't have to try to remove all the tags, and so on, but only try doing something with that specific row.

Sluvik
Sluvik
Russian Federation
Winning the problem in 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Hello, if anybody still interested, I've killed the issue in 2019. I had a huge docx with 12K+ segments, so, any resaving in different format and pretranslating from TM meant still a lot of additional work for me (joining/splitting segments, etc.). So, I had to somehow resolve this the other way. What actually (and suprisingly) worked for me is deleting the damn hlink tags from both source and target segments.

The document had been converted from PDF by some unskilled guy, they were
... See more
Hello, if anybody still interested, I've killed the issue in 2019. I had a huge docx with 12K+ segments, so, any resaving in different format and pretranslating from TM meant still a lot of additional work for me (joining/splitting segments, etc.). So, I had to somehow resolve this the other way. What actually (and suprisingly) worked for me is deleting the damn hlink tags from both source and target segments.

The document had been converted from PDF by some unskilled guy, they were hyperlinks sitting here and there randomly. Although they worked fine in the original DOCX file (I checked), MemoQ would not accept them for the export.
Collapse

Roxana Alexiu
Walaa Abdelmoaty

Orietta G
Orietta G  Identity Verified
Italy
It worked in 2020, too! Jan 25, 2020

Hi, thanks for your advice. I found a really simple way to get around it after reading through the thread.
I realized the "hlink tag" inserted in the target pointed in the wrong direction and there was no way I could insert the correct one.
So I copied the source with the right tags and typed my translation in between.

Orietta G

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
An alternative fix using TransTools Nov 23, 2021

I had this issue today November 23, 2021, and I fixed it using a TransTools workflow more aggressive than usual

Under "Document Cleaner", go to the "Tag Cleaner" tab and select "Remove excessive bookmarks" then select "Not referenced from inside document"

Cattura

BTW The alternate text of a picture included a link to a study paper, but the link was dead and this was likely the rogue stuff stopping memoQ to export the file

my 2 cents

[Edited at 2021-11-23 13:51 GMT]

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
The export failed because of incorrectly paired "hlink" tags Nov 23, 2021

double post, sorry

[Edited at 2021-11-23 14:15 GMT]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The export failed because of incorrectly paired "hlink" tags

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »