Thread poster: clairetransl (X)
clairetransl (X)
clairetransl (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:10
French to English
+ ...
Mar 13, 2017

I have MemoQ 2015 Free version, which I use occasionally, at the request of certain clients. I am 75% of the way through a project and when I had to restart my laptop, I opened MemoQ to keep working on the project and got the error message:

"You are currently using MemoQ in 4Free mode. MemoQ can only open projects with exactly one document and the corresponding translation memory."

I don't understand what the issue is - my project has one document and one corresponding
... See more
I have MemoQ 2015 Free version, which I use occasionally, at the request of certain clients. I am 75% of the way through a project and when I had to restart my laptop, I opened MemoQ to keep working on the project and got the error message:

"You are currently using MemoQ in 4Free mode. MemoQ can only open projects with exactly one document and the corresponding translation memory."

I don't understand what the issue is - my project has one document and one corresponding memory. I've never had this problem before. Everything was fine until I had to restart my laptop. I have an urgent deadline and am incredibly stressed out.

I've contacted MemoQ and they told me I needed to purchase a paid version and that the free version is for evaluating the software (!?) Well, that's all fine, but they can't just hold me to ransom like this when I'm in the middle of a project. I'm abroad, I don't have my credit card on me, and this software has just let me down and maybe even caused me to lose one of my biggest clients. I'm almost in tears. I haven't done anything wrong, I haven't pirated anything and now I can't get any support from Kilray or find a solution to this issue. I don't even care if I can't work on it anymore in MemoQ, but I can't even find a way to export it back into Word. Can anyone help or suggest anything?
Collapse

Anthony Veretyuk
Anthony Veretyuk
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:10
English to Russian
+ ...
exporting project Mar 13, 2017

I could help you. Contact me please.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:10
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Something to try Mar 13, 2017

I'm not sure how the 4Free version works, but you could try creating a brand-new project, import the original document and then see if you can find the original TM in its folder. Then you should be able to populate the target texts from the existing TM. The default location of the TM is C:/ProgramData/MemoQ/Translation Memories

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:10
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Wrong advise Mar 13, 2017

Do not give wrong advise. You can't import a previously created TM into a new project when working in the 4free mode. It is quite clearly stated on the web site.

Denis Shepelev
Denis Shepelev  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 00:10
Member (2011)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Maybe Mar 13, 2017

Maybe you can ask your client to provide you with a temporary license, if your client is using MemoQ.

Fernanda Meyer (X)
Fernanda Meyer (X)
Brazil
Local time: 19:10
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Hi were you able to solve this problem? what did you do? I´m having exactly the same issue here... Apr 18, 2017

clairemcn wrote:

I don't understand what the issue is - my project has one document and one corresponding memory. I've never had this problem before. Everything was fine until I had to restart my laptop. I have an urgent deadline and am incredibly stressed out.

I've contacted MemoQ and they told me I needed to purchase a paid version and that the free version is for evaluating the software (!?) Well, that's all fine, but they can't just hold me to ransom like this when I'm in the middle of a project. I'm abroad, I don't have my credit card on me, and this software has just let me down and maybe even caused me to lose one of my biggest clients. I'm almost in tears. I haven't done anything wrong, I haven't pirated anything and now I can't get any support from Kilray or find a solution to this issue. I don't even care if I can't work on it anymore in MemoQ, but I can't even find a way to export it back into Word. Can anyone help or suggest anything?

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Piracy content is not allowed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent issue with MemoQ free version

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »