How to compare source and target text in MemoQ?
Thread poster: Ahmet ÇINAR
Ahmet ÇINAR
Ahmet ÇINAR
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Feb 11, 2018

I got the source text and the target text.(They have nothing with to do MemoQ. They are provided me by the client.) How can I compare them in the context of proof-reading?
Thanks in advance.

Mina Fayek

phrtranslations
phrtranslations  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:41
German to Spanish
+ ...
Align? Mar 4, 2018

I'm just starting with memoQ, but as you didn't receive any response so far, here's what I would do: add both documents to your LiveDocs for this project, align them so the segments are matched automatically in the project file for translation, and then start proofreading. I guess there must be a better solution though.

Gaby Vélez Schemankewitz

Mina Fayek
Mina Fayek  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:41
English to Arabic
+ ...
Any help on this topic? Aug 4, 2021

Ahmet ÇINAR wrote:

I got the source text and the target text.(They have nothing with to do MemoQ. They are provided me by the client.) How can I compare them in the context of proof-reading?
Thanks in advance.

Any help on this topic?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to compare source and target text in MemoQ?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »