Andreja Ciković
Andreja Ciković  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
Feb 27, 2018

Dear all,

I have done the following:

1) exported a MemoQ file to be used for Trados (Export - Memo Xliff - Plain Xliff for other tools)
2) now I need to import the translated file back to MemoQ, however, I keep getting the following message

Importing reviewed document...
This MIF file was saved as FrameMaker version . Supported versions are: 7.00, 8.00, 9.00, 10.0, 11.0, 12.0.
An error occurred while trying to import the reviewed document.
... See more
Dear all,

I have done the following:

1) exported a MemoQ file to be used for Trados (Export - Memo Xliff - Plain Xliff for other tools)
2) now I need to import the translated file back to MemoQ, however, I keep getting the following message

Importing reviewed document...
This MIF file was saved as FrameMaker version . Supported versions are: 7.00, 8.00, 9.00, 10.0, 11.0, 12.0.
An error occurred while trying to import the reviewed document. The most likely reasons are
- the selected file does not match the document format used when importing the original file, or
- the document has no skeleton, or
- the selected file is being used by an external program.

Now, has anyone encountered this message and what can be done about it? Please note I am using the same CAT versions for importing as I did for creating the files. Even when I try to import the "freshly" exported file, the import gets rejected.

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance!

Kind regards,
Andreja
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:57
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Is the file still an XLIFF file? Feb 28, 2018

To me it sounds as if you were trying to import the MIF file exported as a target file from Studio, instead of the finished XLIFF file simply copied from Studio's project folder. When you import again into memoQ, the file to import should still be an XLIFF file (with the extension MQXLZ). Is it possible that you are trying to import the MIF file instead?

Andreja Ciković
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
.sdlxliff Feb 28, 2018

The exported file has a .sdlxliff extension, so I don't think that's the issue.

Andreja Ciković
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Import Reviewed Document Feb 28, 2018

Import Reviewed Document - that is the function I need because I want to merge a file I have worked on offline with the current (server) file project.

Hazel Underwood
Hazel Underwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:57
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Same file type Mar 1, 2018

To import back into MemoQ you need to be using the same file type. You stated you are trying to import the SDLXLIFF. But you need to choose Save Target As in Trados to save your translation back to XLIFF. Then it should import back in fine.

I usually choose Import -> Update Bilingual, so you could try that instead too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing an exported MemoQ file translated in Trados 2017 file back into MemoQ

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »