Thread poster: Catherine Brix
Catherine Brix
Catherine Brix
Local time: 20:15
Swedish to English
+ ...
May 12, 2018

Greetings smart people,

I've been using MemoQ for a number of years, but today things just don't want to go my way. I can do a bilingual export in a two-column RTF without a problem but when I try to do a bilingual export memoQ XLIFF I get this message:
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\mq\7bf75a9d-0cda-4e27-be25-d4ad14966e03'.

And yet, it appears to be saving to the proper folder in my C:

Any ideas? I've no lightnin
... See more
Greetings smart people,

I've been using MemoQ for a number of years, but today things just don't want to go my way. I can do a bilingual export in a two-column RTF without a problem but when I try to do a bilingual export memoQ XLIFF I get this message:
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\mq\7bf75a9d-0cda-4e27-be25-d4ad14966e03'.

And yet, it appears to be saving to the proper folder in my C:

Any ideas? I've no lightning bolts, everything is 100%.

Grateful for any suggestions,
Catherine

Turned off the computer, took a long bike ride and cleared my head. Home again I imported a new version of the document, pretranslated and confirmed the segments, and voilà, all's good in the world again.

[Edited at 2018-05-12 14:59 GMT]
Collapse

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
Clean the TEMP folder May 14, 2018

This folder 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\mq\7bf75a9d-0cda-4e27-be25-d4ad14966e03' has a file with exact name as memoQ wants to create during the export process. Sometimes it happens. Like 2 Catherine in one room at the same time.

Quick solution is just close memoQ and other programs, go to this folder 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp' and just delete all files. But you will have to unlock Hidden folders in Explorer to get acces to this TEMP folder

Catherine Brix
Catherine Brix
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the reminder! May 14, 2018

You're absolutely right that I need to clean up, Mikhail. Thank you for reminding me. Will probably do wonders in many areas.

Have a nice day,
Catherine

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
Love it! May 14, 2018

Mikhail Popov wrote:
Like 2 Catherine in one room at the same time.

And yes! Emptying the temp file does wonders and usually frees Gb of disk space. Btw, there is another temp folder in C:/Windows/Temp that can also be emptied from time to time. And don't forget to visit the Administrative tools as well (Start button) and do a Disk cleanup.

admtools

[Edited at 2018-05-14 14:54 GMT]

Catherine Brix
Catherine Brix
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2 Catherines is definitely one too many ;) May 14, 2018

Christophe,
Thanks for the cleaning tips. I really do appreciate when things are neat and tidy. I just really dislike spending time making things neat and tidy. But I will schedule a session in my calendar - soon - and get it done.

Thanks again,
Catherine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingual export

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »