(Semi) automatically inserting alphanumerics into target
Thread poster: Jacob Dunlap
Jacob Dunlap
Jacob Dunlap
United States
Local time: 12:36
Japanese to English
Jul 15, 2018

Hello, I am working on a document (Japanese to English) where there are many product serial numbers (which can include letters and underscores) in the source. Typing them out is a pain. Is there any way to get memoQ to treat these as something like termbase entries so that I can more easily and accurately insert them into the target? Thanks!

[Edited at 2018-07-15 05:47 GMT]

Krzysztof Kożurno
Krzysztof Kożurno  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
how to get placeablss work Aug 26, 2018

I'm also trying to figure out why source numbers are not prompted (auto suggested or whatever the name). There seems to be no way to set it and it's such a pain not to have. This is pretty basic, WF Classic, which I have used since the early 2000s has always had and it\s the simplest of simple CATs. Can anyone from the MemoQ team put us on the right track, because I don't believe it's not there in the latest release.

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 23:36
German to English
+ ...
Regex Tagger Sep 2, 2018

Have you tried the Regex Tagger?
You can write a simple regex to convert product names, etc. to tags that are converted back to the original when the target file is saved.

[Edited at 2018-09-02 15:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(Semi) automatically inserting alphanumerics into target

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »