Thread poster: espoir03
espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
Feb 23, 2019

Hello,

I download XTM project as XLIFF file and work on XLIFF file in memoQ.
However, memoQ automatically import M (match) or I (ICE match) segments as "reviewed", showing double check mark and I can't edit these segments at all even though I sometimes need to.
memoQ

Does anyone know how to disable the double check mark in memoQ so that I can edit?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Akiko

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:32
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
The problem with locked segments in MemoQ Feb 23, 2019

Akiko Detke wrote:
I downloaded an XTM project as an XLIFF file and work on XLIFF file in memoQ. However, memoQ automatically imports M (match) or I (ICE match) segments as "reviewed", showing a double check mark, and I can't edit these segments at all, even though I sometimes need to.

I'm not a MemoQ user.

If I understand this post correctly:
https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/297710.html
...this may be a known problem with MemoQ. If the person who created the XLIFF file chose to lock segments, then you may not be able to unlock them. You may in fact also be unable to unlock segments that you yourself have locked. (The post relates to MemoQ XLIFF files, so maybe it doesn't relate to your generic XLIFF files.)

I suspect you should be able to unlock the segments by editing the XLIFF file in a text editor, but that's hacking. I have had to do such edits to XLIFF files that I downloaded from XTM in the past in order to be able to use them correctly in OmegaT, and the XTM server accepted my edited XLIFF files even though I had tinkered with the segment statuses. But this is an "own risk" procedure that you would perform either on the original XLIFF file or on the MemoQ MQXLIFF file.

I suppose part of your question is: if MemoQ believes that the segment should be locked, does that mean that the client also wanted those segments to be locked? I don't know. Perhaps the client knows.

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Samuel Feb 23, 2019

Samuel,

I see, thanks.
In that case I will see if I can change some configuration when I am downloading the XLIFF file from XTM but I assume I probably won't be allowed to do it.

Akiko

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I could change the status directly in XTM Feb 26, 2019

Samuel,

I checked many options available in XTM and actually, if I use "change status" function in XTM and then download as XLIFF file I could edit all segments in memoQ!
You mentioned "XTM server" and thanks to that I came upon an idea to check the options available in XTM.
Thank you so much!

Akiko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XTM XLIFF file into memoQ - can't edit M or I XTM segments in memoQ

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »