Thread poster: AmauryDoare
AmauryDoare
AmauryDoare
France
Local time: 06:45
English to French
Jun 18, 2019

Hello,
I have memoQ 8.3, my SMA expired over a year ago...
On my desktop, performance is pretty bad, it's actually better on my laptop, for whatever reasons...
Scrolling in the document is slow, even if I just change the width of part of the UI, it's far from instant (like 1-2 seconds to refresh)
This is not an online project, and it is not a big project...

I've seen people talk about similar issues, but no clear solution - I've tried going back to 8, and eve
... See more
Hello,
I have memoQ 8.3, my SMA expired over a year ago...
On my desktop, performance is pretty bad, it's actually better on my laptop, for whatever reasons...
Scrolling in the document is slow, even if I just change the width of part of the UI, it's far from instant (like 1-2 seconds to refresh)
This is not an online project, and it is not a big project...

I've seen people talk about similar issues, but no clear solution - I've tried going back to 8, and even 2015, same problem occurs...

I'd be considering going to 9, but I'm not paying for 2 years SMA, if I have still have this delay on everything I do...
Any idea? This doesn't seem to be a rare issue.

For information:
AMD FX-6300
OS and memoQ on SSD,
10 Gb of RAM
Collapse

Roy Chacón

AmauryDoare
AmauryDoare
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
No improvement Dec 1, 2019

I know other people have the same problem, and apparently upgrading to memoq 9 isn't even a solution!

I have a SSD, brand AMD r7 3700x and 16gb RAM, why is such a basic problem happening? And why has never been any comment from Kilgray regarding that?

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 13:45
Chinese to English
+ ...
Reinstall? Dec 2, 2019

Does a clean reinstall change anything?

Have you updated your BIOS to the latest version?

Can you use Ryzen Master and see if clock rates are normal?

AmauryDoare
AmauryDoare
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Have already tried different setups Dec 2, 2019

I have already done a clean reinstall when I changed most of my setup (mobo, CPU, RAM). Bios is up to date.
But this also happens on my laptop. And it did happen to a certain extent at my previous where we would use memoQ as well.
If I click anywhere in the project, I can see the whole screen slowly refreshing, something 1 to 2 entire seconds...

Everything else is working fine, including a lot more demanding problems, poorly optimized games such as PUBG, video editing so
... See more
I have already done a clean reinstall when I changed most of my setup (mobo, CPU, RAM). Bios is up to date.
But this also happens on my laptop. And it did happen to a certain extent at my previous where we would use memoQ as well.
If I click anywhere in the project, I can see the whole screen slowly refreshing, something 1 to 2 entire seconds...

Everything else is working fine, including a lot more demanding problems, poorly optimized games such as PUBG, video editing software, etc.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terrible performance issue with MemoQ 8.3

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »