Mymemory MemoQ vs Studio : huge difference !
Thread poster: Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Local time: 17:05
Arabic to French
Sep 3, 2019

Hello,

I just started to use MemoQ and I noticed that I hardly have any suggestion from the Mymemory plugin contrary to Studio. In Studio, I always have translations results, and very good ones, actually. I am translating form English into French.

What is happening? Why is it so different? How can I change it? How can I get more results?

I really like MemoQ, but I need theses suggestions since this is a new translation pair for me. I use to translate from A
... See more
Hello,

I just started to use MemoQ and I noticed that I hardly have any suggestion from the Mymemory plugin contrary to Studio. In Studio, I always have translations results, and very good ones, actually. I am translating form English into French.

What is happening? Why is it so different? How can I change it? How can I get more results?

I really like MemoQ, but I need theses suggestions since this is a new translation pair for me. I use to translate from Arabic. My translation memory is very small.

I saw that someone else asked the same question before, in this forum, but he did not get a satisfactory answer. That is why I am asking this question another time.

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Suzanne
Collapse

Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Arabic to French
TOPIC STARTER
Differences also in the suggestions Sep 3, 2019

Hello

Also, I would like to add that, when I receive translation results, the suggestions are very different. Studio is a lot more accurate. MemoQ gives me very weird results. Why is this so much different? It is the same translation memory!

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:05
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Suzanne Sep 4, 2019

Oum ayoub wrote:
I just started to use MemoQ and I noticed that I hardly have any suggestion from the Mymemory plugin contrary to Studio. In Studio, I always have translations results, and very good ones, actually.

I don't know much about MyMemory, but doesn't MyMemory have the option to use machine translation in addition to the global translation memory? Could it be that you're getting "matches" from the machine translation system instead?

I am translating form English into French. ... this is a new translation pair for me. I used to translate from Arabic.
When I receive translation results, the suggestions are very different. Studio is a lot more accurate. MemoQ gives me very weird results.

I just want to make sure we understand correctly: are you comparing the Arabic to French results from Trados against the English to French results from MemoQ, or are you comparing the English to French results from Trados against the English to French results from MemoQ?

Suzanne Chabot

Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Arabic to French
TOPIC STARTER
Comparaison Sep 4, 2019

Hello Samuel,

Thank you for your answer.

I am comparing the result from English into French in Trados Studio vs MemoQ.

I do not use Mymemory plugin for any other language pair. I was just telling you that I am in bad need of this MT for English into French because it is a new language pair for me...

I came back to Trados Studio, and I do not use MemoQ for this pair anymore...

Hope they will fix this problem.

I am sorry
... See more
Hello Samuel,

Thank you for your answer.

I am comparing the result from English into French in Trados Studio vs MemoQ.

I do not use Mymemory plugin for any other language pair. I was just telling you that I am in bad need of this MT for English into French because it is a new language pair for me...

I came back to Trados Studio, and I do not use MemoQ for this pair anymore...

Hope they will fix this problem.

I am sorry because I really enjoyed using MemoQ.

Best regards
Suzanne

[Edited at 2019-09-04 13:41 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mymemory MemoQ vs Studio : huge difference !

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »