Thread poster: Fabio Tursi
Fabio Tursi
Fabio Tursi  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:34
English to Italian
Sep 12, 2019

Hello!
Is somebody skilled enough to complete this template to use mxliff files in MemoQ?
http://wasaty.pl/blog/2018/01/30/memsource-files-in-memoq/

I'd need it to include comments. I've tried contacting Warek (the guy who did the template), but after a few messages he stopped answering.
This template is a great resource and it's such a pity it doe
... See more
Hello!
Is somebody skilled enough to complete this template to use mxliff files in MemoQ?
http://wasaty.pl/blog/2018/01/30/memsource-files-in-memoq/

I'd need it to include comments. I've tried contacting Warek (the guy who did the template), but after a few messages he stopped answering.
This template is a great resource and it's such a pity it doesn't take into account comments.

Unfortunately, I have no coding skill at all so I can't do that myself. But I can change the files with a text editor if somebody tells me how and where.

Thank you!
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
No Sep 12, 2019

I have tried it, but it doesn't work at all. I also contacted Warek, but his only suggestion was to reinstall it. As I had very carefully followed the instructions the first time, it is unlikely that doing exactly the same thing again would make any difference, though.

Can you get it to work without comments?

Fabio Tursi
United Kingdom
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Sep 12, 2019

Hi!
Yes, I made it work eventually. It needed some trial and error, though. Did you try the updated version or the first one? He published a newer template a while after the first.
It worked quite well for the cells, but I really miss the comments.
Cheers,
Fabio

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Don't know Sep 12, 2019

Fabio Tursi wrote:

Did you try the updated version or the first one? He published a newer template a while after the first.

I have no idea, since I don't know when he published the different versions. I tried in November 2018. Has it been updated since?

I have no idea how to trial and error it, so I just gave up and added a very simple regex filter for dealing with the Memsource tags after importing an mxliff with the standard xliff filter.

Fabio Tursi
United Kingdom
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Updated Sep 12, 2019

Hello again.

I think you have the most updated version.

Since you know how to create filters, could you give a look into it and add comments (or add them to your filter)?

I'd really need them and I don't know who to ask.

Thanks!
Fabio

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Regex Sep 12, 2019

Fabio Tursi wrote:

Since you know how to create filters, could you give a look into it and add comments (or add them to your filter)?
Fabio

I don't think you can use the Regex tagger to import comments. It just replaces Memsource tags such as {1} with MemoQ tags after import of the file.

I don't get the statuses and match percentages imported with the default xliff filter.

I've heard that MemoQ may look into a solution to support mxliff properly, but that doesn't help us in the meantime.

Fabio Tursi
United Kingdom
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
*Sigh!* Sep 18, 2019

No template/filter experts in this forum then, I guess.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Complete this mxliff template with comments

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »