memoQ cannot open this project because the files no longer exist in their original location
Thread poster: Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:06
Member (2006)
French to English
Oct 7, 2019

Hello, I have a MemoQ licence, I was using Memo 2015 and upgraded (free) to MemoQ 8, however, when I tried to update to MQ 9.0, I could not, as my SMA licence has expired, however, I could not go back to MQ 8.0 (it would only work in Free Mode) so I had to revert back to MQ 2015, however some projects have been lost, the message in the title above comes up because they were completed in a different version of MemoQ (in MemoQ 8.0), and I don't even see the corresponding .tmx files in the TM folde... See more
Hello, I have a MemoQ licence, I was using Memo 2015 and upgraded (free) to MemoQ 8, however, when I tried to update to MQ 9.0, I could not, as my SMA licence has expired, however, I could not go back to MQ 8.0 (it would only work in Free Mode) so I had to revert back to MQ 2015, however some projects have been lost, the message in the title above comes up because they were completed in a different version of MemoQ (in MemoQ 8.0), and I don't even see the corresponding .tmx files in the TM folder.... if I update my SMA agreement, will they be visible? However, as I'm not able to update my SMA right away, is there any way I can retrieve these projects?

Thanks in advance,
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:06
Danish to English
+ ...
Strange Oct 7, 2019

You should be able to install the latest full version released within one year from the date you bought a licence or within your subscription period. Have you tried the Activation wizard? If it doesn't work, you need to contact MemoQ support.

However, the folder locations haven't been changed, as far as I know. TBs and TMs are in the C:\ProgramData folder and projects in your Documents folder. Opening them in different versions shouldn't change anything.

If you have bac
... See more
You should be able to install the latest full version released within one year from the date you bought a licence or within your subscription period. Have you tried the Activation wizard? If it doesn't work, you need to contact MemoQ support.

However, the folder locations haven't been changed, as far as I know. TBs and TMs are in the C:\ProgramData folder and projects in your Documents folder. Opening them in different versions shouldn't change anything.

If you have backups of these folders, you could try to restore a previous version, but be careful not to wipe out any work completed after the backup. These folders are included in my nonstop online backups because they are so important.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ cannot open this project because the files no longer exist in their original location

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »